Everyone says they’re going to eat better in the new year. Well, maybe not everyone. Maybe you’re part of the jaded set who has given up on New Year’s resolutions. I’m still mulling mine over. I have until the end of this week – right? :).
In the meantime, if you are thinking of making good choices for meals this year, try cooking one item at home a week. Invite a friend over who also like the Food Network, if you need accountability.
Here’s an easy recipe to try. And it’s for breakfast, so even better to get your day started right.
mini muffin pan: 12-14 muffins
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 15–25 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice onions, artichokes, and shred artichokes – put aside.
- Heat the olive oil, saute onions and garlic. Add the artichokes when onions are translucent.
- Beat the 6 eggs, then whisk in the goat cheese
- Mix egg mixture with the vegetables
- Grease the muffin trays (or pour into silicone molds)
- Bake for 15-25 minutes, depending on muffin size, or until toothpick comes out clear